The Montessori School of Newark offers preschool and kindergarten programs that inspire children to love learning.
Give your child the advantage of a lifelong love for learning by enrolling them in a Montessori school. Certified Montessori teachers will oversee your child as they immerse themselves in hands-on experience. Your child will decide how they approach the curriculum, with minimal intervention from teachers.
As your child progresses through the self-driven curriculum, they will develop the fundamental traits of a Montessori student:
- Independence — Your child will learn to take charge of their personal lives through self-directing their learning.
- Acute Sensory Perception — Your child’s senses will be sharpened by the holistic, hands-on nature of a Montessori education. As they learn, they’ll improve the fine motor skills necessary for self-care and writing by hand.
- Confidence — Your child will build confidence as they explore new topics independently and in small groups.
- Academic Achievement — Your child moves through the curriculum at their own pace. There’s no rush, so they can thoroughly explore a topic that interests them.
- Self-Discipline — Your child will learn self-regulation as they conduct their own experiments. They’ll need the discipline to stay focused and determine when to move on to their next assignment.
- Spiritual Awareness — Your child will explore cultural activities and learn to respect the beliefs of others.
- Intrinsic Motivation — Your child will pursue leaning for their own enjoyment, not because they expect external rewards. The satisfaction of new knowledge will power them through their schooling.
- Responsible Citizenship — Classes consist of mixed ages. Older children will help their younger classmates, so your child will learn how to communicate with people of different backgrounds and developmental stages.
“The essential thing is to arouse such an interest that it engages the child’s whole personality.”
– Dr. Maria Montessori PhD.